Thursday, June 11, 2009


Furiously packing and working on the car. Malcolm welded, and hammered, and added a lot of Loctite and new nuts. We have new supports for the windshield so it should stay up at 40mph.
This last minute scramble always finds me spinning in place.

I was asked why this last minute preparation. In a nutshell, I was told on May 25th that I was on hold. I needed to hear results of two tests done by my doctor in early June before I was able to go. If the results were ok, I was going on the trip, if the results were not good I was probably going to surgery instead. (Not my idea of a fun thing to do). I found out Monday at 3 that I was cleared to go. Being terribly superstitious I did no planning or packing. I figured if I was ready to go, I wouldn't. So even though I knew I would drive the first day no matter what. I didn't know until the very last minute that I would be continuing.

We will be at the Manchester (VT) car show this Saturday before driving out later that day. Come visit if you are in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment